Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Society cannot tolerate random acts of violence

Michael Pravica, HendersonSaturday, June 25, 2011 | at 2: 02

Recently, which I am biking to work, I was the victim of a random act of violence that someone threw a bottle of watered-down drinks in me trying to knock me off my bike.

My quick reflexes and conditioning was apparently, far superior to the antagonist that nothing happened to me.

This pathetic and childish incident caused me to reflect on the problems with random anonymous violence which cost many Americans their lives. Gone are the days when "men were men," and faced each other on a. Today honor many lost souls with inner demons lack, dignity and decency, while hiding behind their cars, guns, gangs, freeway overpasses, etc., and protrude their anger on innocent, unsuspecting victims.

In my case, instead of realizing that by bicycle traffic, I reduce petrol consumption (which reduces costs for all), road congestion and pollution and threw angry and deranged person quite good, chilled and nearly full drink at me because either he was jealous that I can bike 20 miles in 100 plus degree heat or just because he could do it anonymously and get away with.

We cannot survive as a society with this type of behaviour and must identify, report and prosecute persons who unpunished crimes encourage antisocial more vicious crimes.

It is also time for many drivers to behave more civilly on the roads and for our law enforcement authorities in order to improve this crisis/epidemic here so more people are seeking alternative forms of transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment